[Javascript] See if item is hidden...

shawn_milochik at godivachoc.com shawn_milochik at godivachoc.com
Tue Jun 22 13:10:33 CDT 2004

If by "turning off," you mean that the style was set to "display: none,"
then I think that you should
be able to read that property with Javascript.  (untested)

Shawn

             jsWalter at torres.w
             javascript-bounce         javascript at LaTech.edu
             s at LaTech.edu                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/22/2004 01:50          [Javascript] See if item is
             PM                        hidden...

             Please respond to
             javascript at LaTech
                   .edu

Anyone have any idea how I can discover if a page item is hidden if it
is a child of some other element?

Example: I have 2 DIV, each DIV has 2 SPANs, each SPAN has 2 Ps,

      DIV a
        SPAN a1
           P  a11
           P  a12
        SPAN a2
           P  a21
           P  a22

      DIV b
        SPAN b1
           P  b11
           P  b12
        SPAN b2
           P  b21
           P  b22

Now, the user turns "off" DIV 'a' and everything it has disappears.

Say I want to insert some text in 'Pa21', but I need to know if it is
showing or not.

How can I know if 'Pa21' is "showing"?

Thanks

Walter

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for use by
the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, do not
disclose its contents to others and delete it from your
system.