[Javascript] RegEx for Password w/ spl rules

shawn_milochik at godivachoc.com shawn_milochik at godivachoc.com
Tue Jun 29 12:26:49 CDT 2004

You may have to use more than one regex.  I'm putting some examples
below for you to play with.  If you would like more help, I know that
several
other members of the group are experienced with regexes.

1. I would prefer not to trust the HTML form to enforce the rules, so
I would test the value.length of the text box.

2.  /\d+/

3.  /[a-z]+/

4.  /.{4,}/  (check for and fail on)

Shawn

             a1_uchat at yahoo.co
             javascript-bounce         javascript at LaTech.edu
             s at LaTech.edu                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/29/2004 12:33          [Javascript] RegEx for Password w/
             PM                        spl rules

             Please respond to
             javascript at LaTech
                   .edu

Hi
I have been trying to Develop RegEx for a Password authentication with
following rules:
1) Must be between 8 - 24 characters
2) Should have atleast 1 digit
3) Should have atleast 1 Alphabatic Character
3) Valid characters are [a-z0-9A-Z at ._]
4) Any Characters cannot repeat more then thrice e.g. Password is
"mynaaaame1" is
   invalid because character 'a' repeated more then thrice consecutively.

Rule # 1 is taken care of in password textbox by limiting textbox sixe with
min=8 and max=24.

Rule # 2 & 3: ^[a-z0-9A-Z at ._]+$

Rule # 4: How do I apply it to ^[a-z0-9A-Z at ._]+$ RegEx?

Any help/Hints/Direction be much appereciated.

Adios,
Amit

Do you Yahoo!?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for use by
the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, do not
disclose its contents to others and delete it from your
system.