[Javascript] Offline Database ?

Tim Makins spindrift at oceanfree.net
Wed Jun 30 13:10:12 CDT 2004

I am in the middle of a big mapping project, that is viewed as a series of
web pages either direct off a CD, or copied as a package to the hard drive
and viewed there.

A new requirement has come up - I wonder if there is some kind of
easy-to-use database software that could be run in the same manner ? I
wouldn't expect people to do a full installation of PHP, Apache, and MySQL,
but that kind of functionality would be pretty neat.

I would need to access the database from the web pages, and get the results
so that I could use the data in various ways.

The key issue would be ease-of-install for the recipient.

Any ideas ?

Tim in Ireland.