[Javascript] Sorting Problem

Tim Makins spindrift at oceanfree.net
Tue Sep 14 13:48:04 CDT 2004

function numeric_sort(a, b) {
 return (isNaN(a)&&isNaN(b))? alpha_sort(a,b): numSort(a,b);
}

function alpha_sort(a, b) {
 if (a < b) {return -1}
 else if (a > b) {return 1}
 else {return 0}
}

function numSort(a,b){
 return
(isNaN(parseFloat(a))?Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY:parseFloat(a)) -
(isNaN(parseFloat(b))?Number.NEGATIVE_INFINITY:parseFloat(b))
}

Sorry - I tried the above, and it still doesn't sort numerically.
Oh well, that's enough for today anyway - about time I stopped.

http://www.mapability.com/test/t3index.html

That's the page I'm working on. Only the 'States and Provinces' List is
there so far, and the map and help links don't work, as it is out of
context.

Tim in Ireland.