WEIGHT-10 Re: [Javascript] xmlhttprequest

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Fri Feb 11 13:49:01 CST 2005

   That doesn't quite make sense.  If MS blocked web developers from accessing files on the local web server, then you could never develop on the web server box; you would *always* need two machines for development.

   The security concern is with the local filesystem as you mentioned, but this has nothing to do with files called through a web server.

   It does sound like there might be a security issue, but that would be more of a "zone" configuration problem.

Cheers,

Peter

From: "Mike Dougherty" mdougherty at pbp.com

I believe that's MS's answer to the security vulnerability where the evil javascript developer
tries to read the local filesystem to do nasty things. So you may be fighting an IE security
update.

Good luck...