[Javascript] Off Topic, CSS and XML Question- this message is in text format

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Feb 17 09:01:17 CST 2005

charlie_chan wrote:
> The reason I posted the page here is that anyone who does
> a lot of work with browsers has to deal with XML.

I do, but process it server-side, so quesswork follows... :-)

> Does IE6 support CSS in a .xsl file? I've got .xml, .dtd,
> and a .xsl files, but the .xsl file has no effect on the
> formating of the XML document display which does display.
> It is copied straight out of the book, so the code should
> be correct.

Bad assumption; it would help if you posted a URL or a /complete/
reproducible test case, but...

>    <xsl:for-each select="story/section">
>    style = "font-family:sans-serif; padding-top:20px; font-size:20px">
>    <xsl:value-of />

As already pointed out, the P should be around the value-of, but
I've never seen a value-of statement without a select -- e.g.
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
    <!-- the "." referring to the current story/section
         being referenced by the for-each
      -->

>    </xsl:for-each>

FWIW!