[Javascript] standards scripting

Shawn Milo ShawnMilo at Runbox.com
Thu Jan 6 17:16:34 CST 2005

Roger Roelofs wrote:

> Paul (and list),
> On Jan 6, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Paul Novitski wrote:
>
>> At 06:54 AM 1/6/05, Shawn Milo wrote [in OT: I'm back!]:
>>
>>> Whatsa matter, everyone quit using JS? Are you
>>> all podcasting now, instead?  ;o)
>>

>> Welcome back, Shawn.  I've also been giving this list a rest the last
>> several months while polishing my CSS & XHTML.  <snip>
>

> My journey is similar to what you describe.  I have some web apps that
> still require javascript to function, but my code is almost never
> presentational anymore.  I confess I cringe when i have to work on old
> code, and sometimes rewriting most of the app to get code quality I
> can live with.
>
> Roger,
>
> Roger Roelofs
> Datacomp Appraisal Services

Oh man. If I had a nickel for every line of code (HTML, VBScript,
Javascript, or otherwise) that I replaced
because I couldn't stand to look at it, I could take us all out to
dinner. Maybe only to Taco Bell, but
would anyone complain? The interesting statistic would be: What
percentage of that is my old code,
and what percentage was written by my old manager or old co-worker?

Shawn