[Javascript] Determine operating system in javascript

visitus 04 visitus_04 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 22:44:22 CST 2005

It is the operating system of server. Javascript also runs on the server machine. Is there something like a sytem comman that can get OS name.

Thanks

Peter Brunone <peter at brunone.com> wrote:

    The operating system of what?  The client, or the server?

    If the client, then this will greatly depend on what type of client software is calling your application.  If the server, then your server environment will determine how you proceed.