[Javascript] turning readonly off?

Allard Schripsema allard-schripsema at procergs.rs.gov.br
Thu Jan 13 07:27:46 CST 2005

Hi,

oInput.disabled=false;
oInput.readOnly=false;

works in IE.

allard Schripsema

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu
[mailto:javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu]On Behalf Of Hakan M (Backbase)
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 11:17 AM
To: [JavaScript List]
Subject: Re: [Javascript] turning readonly off?

Since readonly is one of the old "short" HTML attributes (that you have
to specify with readonly="readonly" in XHTML) my guess would be to set
the attribute to nothing.

oInput.setAttribute('readonly', '');

You could also try oInput.removeAttribute('readonly');

Regards,