WEIGHT-10 Re: [Javascript] disabled menus

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Tue Mar 1 12:51:50 CST 2005

   If you can't disable an option (it's possible that I could be wrong once this year), you might consider getting creative with the JS if you don't want to eliminate that option completely.  For example, you could color the text or background differently, and then hook up the onchange event handler to a function.  The function can check to see if the list is on a "forbidden" option, and then either (a) clear the selection or (b) re-select the previously-selected value.

FWIW...

Peter

 From: Chuck Soper chucks at velofish.com

Thanks. I tried that and it didn't work either. I will take a totally
different approach. That is, I'll accept that it's not possible to
"disable individual options in a select element" as Peter Brunone
suggested.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Chuck