[Javascript] Odd overlapping problem

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Mar 8 12:00:43 CST 2005

Thanks, Hershel... I knew I could count on you :-D

LOL

Really, the reason I was concerned about OT was because this could turn out
to be an HTML/CSS issue.  I'm somewhat aware of the fact that ELB does not
use select elements in IE :)

Oh. It's hard to know who knows what these days you know. :)

  Now the fun begins.  Pull down the list in the "Tipo" column, or the one
next to it; just make sure that the scrollbar is empty below the list you
choose.  Now hover over one of the first options and notice how when you are
in the scrollbar area, the list thinks that the bar is still over it.  The
item does not change color, and if you click on it in that state, rather
than selecting the item, you will scroll the page.

I did not understand the problem until just now actually. What you are
saying is that if I open a dropdown which has the 'empty' or 'clickable'
part of the horizontal scrollbar under it and I then click on that part of
the dropdown which is over that part of the scrollbar, the scrollbar is
scrolled. I see this problem. Hey, I don't even speak Italian and I see the
problem now.

What appears to be happening is that click event which occurs on the
dropdown is being 'bubbled' up to the element 'behind' it on the page. My
guess, without examining the code, is that this is the issue. A possible
solution would be to stop the click event bubbling after the dropdown
handles it.

Hershel