[Javascript] Replace element with another element on click

Shawn Milo shawn.milo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:52:20 CST 2005

In this case, I like to put each object in a DIV, and play with the visibility.

Shawn

Use this:

theObject.style.display = "none";
or
theObject.style.display = "block";

Do whatever on the onchange() of the checkbox.

Declare one of the objects like this in the HTML:
put object here

That way, one will be invisible by default.

I have used this to have a retail sales report which has
monthly, weekly, and daily views all on one page.  When you select
'weekly,' for example, it makes the start/end week options appear,
and the month or day boxes disappear. You get the idea.

Shawn

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:43:38 -0600, Peter Brunone <peter at brunone.com> wrote:

>         Well, the nice IE way is to use the outerHTML property and just
> gut the whole thing (it's pretty fast, too).
>
>         If that's not an option, you could have both elements at the
> same point in your code and alternately set their height and width to
> 0px (I tried display:none but Netscape 7 doesn't support it).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

Voicemail any time at:
206-666-MILO