[Javascript] Controling a SELECT from a child window

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Mon Sep 19 13:23:32 CDT 2005

Hi David,

   You should be able to use the same syntax, as long as you refer to it through the window.opener object...

   When someone tells me "it doesn't work", I automatically ask what is really going on.  Are you seeing an error message -- and if so, what does it say -- or is something unexpected happening, or is nothing at all happening?

Cheers,

Peter

 From: "David Stoltz" Dstoltz at SHH.ORG

Hi All,

I have a problem - I am popping up a child window, and I need to:

1) Clear a select box on the parent of all it's options
2) Add new options to the select box on the parent window
3) Select (highlight) an option in the select box on the parent window

Can anyone give me any code how I can do this from the CHILD window? I
am trying with this so far to select an option, with no luck:

window.opener.document.form1.mylist.option[0].selected=true;

Thanks for any help