[Javascript] String.replace and arrays

Julien Nadeau junado at junado.com
Fri Sep 23 23:13:52 CDT 2005

My parsed string does work. It does replace the [s]mouth.gif[/s] by
mouth.gif. What I am trying to do though if to have [s]mouth.gif[/s]
replaced by ":D", [s]tongue.gif[/s] replaced by ":P" and so on for
the 20 or so smileys. So I'm trying to figure out a way to have
the .replace() return the value from an array or something similar,
but nothing has worked so far, and I'm trying to stay away from
having to replace them all by hand.

Julien Nadeau
junado at junado.com