[Javascript] DOCTYPE making div.style.top NOT WORK

Thomas Nilsson thomas.nilsson at framfab.com
Thu Dec 14 10:10:35 CST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu
[mailto:javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu] On Behalf Of Michael Borchers
Sent: den 14 december 2006 16:14
To: [JavaScript List]
Subject: Re: [Javascript] DOCTYPE making div.style.top NOT WORK

> one last thing: the div closes "on mouse out". inside the div i have a
link <a href="...">foo</a>

>when touching the link "on mouse over" the div and the link
dissappears.
>can i use anything else than "on mouse out" for the div or add
something to the link inside the div?!

Yes, it's a bit confusing. You'd think that the onmouseout event on a
DIV wouldn't trigger on an element that's actually inside the DIV.

I faced the same problem once and this article solved the problem for
me:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1606

Best regards

/Thomas