[Javascript] DOCTYPE making div.style.top NOT WORK

Michael Borchers list at tridemail.de
Fri Dec 22 08:20:00 CST 2006

Original Message-----

right here guys, we have another "bug" that took me hours to find out.
here is the script:
http://www.droeppez.de/download/js-tut/js-tut/tutorial/position.html

works fine, in IE und FF!

it failed when adding it to a huge intranet. hours later I alerted the
tagnames of
eacht tag. after the HTML it cancelled, so what happened?!
what element could be paren to <html>?!
now i know:

serious guys, it made the script collapse because it thinks <!DOCTYPE is a
tag that is parent to <html>

i can't believe it! what now? forget about the DOCTYPE for the future?! ;)