[Javascript] Passing variables from one page to another

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Wed Dec 27 12:47:28 CST 2006

Tedd,

On Dec 27, 2006, at 1:33 PM, tedd wrote:

> There are several ways that I can pass variables between pages in
> php, such as to use sessions or cookies, but those are required
> because the operations are server-side and thus stateless.
Client side is also stateless.  Every page load is a new context.
The only way around it is to open a second window in which to store
the data, or put your actual content in a frameset, (neither is a
great option).  That's partly why the XMLHttpRequest stuff is so
appealing.  Avoiding a page reload lets you keep all your state.

Code usually ends up on the server side because most sites can't
depend on javascript being available.

Roger
Roger Roelofs                 web   www.datacompusa.com
Datacomp Appraisal Services   Email rer at datacompusa.com