[Javascript] Passing variables from one page to another

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 08:53:11 CST 2006

On 12/28/06, John Warner <john at jwarner.com> wrote:
> > My apology for sloppy wording -- I think you knew what I meant.
>
> I don't agree with you here. I seriously believe after spending a
> paragraph or so on a topic that actually had nothing to do with the
> problem at hand, that your wording error sailed completely over his
> head. Otherwise why make an issue of clumsy phrasing which we are all
> guilty of from time to time. No, you give the poster too much credit
> with your reply here. Anytime a question such as yours devolves into a
> discussion of statefulness, the poster has missed the point of the
> question totally and is likely a newly minted (sp intentional) CS major
> who has to show off that lecture from last semester.

As compared to your post, which was entirely helpful.

The issue of statefulness was completely relevant, as it was necessary
to support the suggestion I made later in the email; namely, to use
cookies in some shape or form. If you could maintain variables for a
domain somehow within one javascript instance throughout the entire
browser session, then there would be no need for this suggestion,
because this is precisely what cookies do.

Thanks for your contribution,

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA