[Javascript] Passing variables from one page to another

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Dec 28 08:58:15 CST 2006

At 7:47 PM +0100 12/27/06, Peter Lauri wrote:
>Why do you say that it require that the "user do something"? Check
>onbeforeunload() that probably can handle whatever you want "user to do".
>
>Best regards,
>Peter Lauri

Interesting.

If I can run a function on onload() and another on onbeforeunload(),
one might think you should be able to easily pass variables between
the two.

I know, I know, use cookies, GET variables, ajax, or even MySQL (I
think) to pass variables. But none are as simple as onload(arg) and
onbeforeunload(arg) like the old arg variables, or overlays if you're
old enough to remember those.

Cheers,

tedd
--