[Javascript] Ajax question

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sat Dec 30 15:43:39 CST 2006

Paul:

At 12:47 PM -0800 12/30/06, Paul Novitski wrote:
>At 12/30/2006 12:27 PM, tedd wrote:
>>I see and have considered the timing difference. I should have said
>>"I want to use ajax to send a variable and then refresh the current
>>page, or a redirect to any other page."
>
>May I ask why you want to load new content with ajax AND redirect to
>another page?  Surely the redirect will make the ajax request
>pointless.  Or is the purpose of the ajax request simply to set a
>session variable as in your example?

Yes, it is there only to set a session variable.

>Is javascript returning properly after the sndReq() call?  Can you
>put alert('hello'); after sndReq() and have it activate?

While it may not be doing what I want, it is still running. There's
no errors that I can find and FireFox doesn't object.

>You'd probably get better quality feedback if you'd post your code
>so we can help you check it for errors.

Good idea. Try this:

http://www.sperling.com/ajax1/index.php

All the relevant code is shown.

I just want a refresh when the user clicks either of the top three links.

tedd
--
-------