[Javascript] RE: How to get valid XHTML when links contain "invalid characters"

Janie Hadsel janie.hadsel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:41:26 CST 2006

Thanks for all of the possible solutions. What I ended up doing was to
create an array of the URLs and passed the index for the particular link
destination URL to a function. Then I realized that the URLs are the same
except for the last part that states the destination. So I contatenated the
common portion and the specific portions in the array elements. Works well
and doesn't trip up the W3C validator. I don't know why I didn't think of
this earlier, except that my brain was mush by the time I got to that page's
validation errors.

I tried to write a note to the list last night after I developed my own
solution, but found out the hard way that replying to a list message doesn't
work (at least not in gmail). Your approaches were all interesting. I'd like
to learn more about CDATA. I've seen that in other scripts recently but
didn't read anything about it when I first learned JavaScript. Any good