[Javascript] innerHTML

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Feb 3 11:41:51 CST 2006

On Feb 3, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Troy III Ajnej wrote:

>> http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2005/12/
>> xmlhttp_notes_c.html  [scroll to "Explorer - responseText and forms"]
>
> As for this one; it's obvius that he made a logicall mistake
> therefore a scripting mistake too. It has to be a slight data-type
> missmatch. But since other browsers are less intelligent and can't
> tell a crow from a chicken, they eat it, stay happy and never argue.

I don't understand much of what you're saying.  The first part I
don't much care about, but the above, trying to put form elements
from responseText (or any string, for that matter) into innerHTML, is
an issue I actually ran into, so I'd like to know why this is a
mistake and what the alternative is.

Peace,
Scott