[Javascript] How to call scripts that are all in one file...?

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Sat Feb 4 08:19:03 CST 2006

Jonathan,

On Feb 4, 2006, at 5:39 AM, Jonathan Gold wrote:

> OK! Thanks to all. Gosh, I had a lot of trouble with this, but I think
> it was due to tiny errors that kept creeping into my code as I turned
> non-function routines into functions. Finally got all six scripts into
> one .js file and correctly linked to it and correctly called the (now)
> six functions. It earned me another green light at the
> http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
> free Web Page Speed Report. Check it out, if you don't know it, and
> tell me what you think of it's recommendations.

I'm glad you got things squared away.  In future, posting a url to your
page would help us provide more relevant answers.  The service you
referred to is interesting, but potentially dangerous for new web
coders.  All it cares about is file count and file size.  These are
somewhat important on the web, but are not the primary issue.  It is
more important for html to be semantic and well laid out than small.
It is more important for your javascript to be clear and maintainable.
In short, file size and count is always secondary to other concerns.
In cases where you are worried about size, enable your web server's
compression feature.

hh
--
Roger Roelofs