ADMIN - ENOUGH: Re: [Javascript] FF indoctrination

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Mon Feb 6 16:19:15 CST 2006

At 09:38 PM 2/6/2006 +0000, you wrote:
>Minority,
>Your right and priviledge is to stay QUIET!

Scholarship, as well as Democracy, thrives best on the open market of
ideas, the free and open debate of differing opinions (minority or
majority). It is difficult to have a one-sided conversation, or at least
not very productive. The minority can be wrong, but also change and
innovation are often begin in the minority. Creativity comes from thinking
outside the box. Etc. To tell others to shut up merely because they don't
represent the majority opinion is unhelpful, undemocratic, and against the
culture of the Net, as well as the open policy of this list: open and free
discussion on JavaScript topics, open to all, newbie and seasoned
professional - which means minority ideas will exist, and deserve to be
discussed (AS LONG as they are JavaScript related).

Now everyone involved, take a deep breath, for any more outbursts, by
anyone, I don't care who you are, and you will be unsubscribed from this
list. My apologies for not getting on this sooner, my local Internet
service provider was not functioning over the weekend, and so I had no
Internet access until I got to work (and after the morning staff meeting).

Regards,
David Merchant

Director of Integrated Technology
CATALyST