[Javascript] action="insert"

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Fri Feb 10 09:05:37 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 09:35:18AM -0500, Falls, Travis D (HTSC, CASD) wrote:
>    Here's a question (that I don't know the answer to) would it be prudent to
>    check to see if javascript and cookies are turned on in the beginning
>    render of a page, if so use an AJAX-ish method to communicate with the
>    server and say... we are all set no need to do server side checks or... do
>    them if javascript is off?

A simpler alternative which would have the same result would be to
just dynamically generate <input type="hidden" name="checkOnServer"
value="no"> ... a lovely invite the malicious user to add that himself
along with whatever other data would normally be caught by the sanity
checks.

Besides, if you've written the server side checks, the amount of
resources needed to run them is going to be minimal anyway, so you
wouldn't get much of a saving.