[Javascript] Image rotation.

Shawn Milochik Shawn at Milochik.com
Tue Feb 14 16:14:59 CST 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 5:11 PM, Troy III Ajnej wrote:

> You can start with:
>      theTimer=window.setTimeout('startRotation()', numSecs * 1000);
> and stop it with:
>      window.clearTimeout('theTimer')
>
> sugestions:
> Try to make all the thumbs same size, (strech them if you have to).
> This goes for other full resolution pictures too. (The page might
> look better).
>
> Never understood why do you use forms.

> Troy III
> progressive art enterprise

Troy,

Thanks for the timer info. I disagree with stretching the images,
though. I think that they're horribly ugly if they're out of
proportion. However, if I know that all are the same proportion
(800x600, 1024x768, etc...) then I'd be glad to do it. The right
answer, I think, is to have copies of your photos which are the right
size for the use.

Forms? Because most of what I do is for an application which may
actually have a form to submit, it keeps the HTML and JavaScript
compatible with whatever my friend decides to do with it, and it's
never a bad idea to use a complete framework for a page, I think.

Milo