[Javascript] DevToolbar

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Wed Feb 15 14:55:19 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 17:41 -0200, Allard Schripsema wrote:
> I can rewrite inputs sothat all validation is "erased", create buttons
> executing javascript, etc

That has always been possible. You can't trust software to only send
back what you ask for. Users are free to make whatever HTTP requests
they like.

> I wonder if these tools mean the end of javascript as a browserside
> validator? What is the point in validating clientside, if you have to
> rewrite the code on the server?

As a convenience to the user so that the data doesn't have to make round
trips to the server.

--
David Dorward                           <http://dorward.me.uk/>
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another."