[Javascript] capture & redirect URL

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Fri Jan 6 17:46:49 CST 2006

Tom Allison wrote:
> This might sound draconian but I have a question about redirecting URL
> requests from a web page.
>
> I know there are ways to capture href links and rewrite the addresses
> using a variety of server/proxy side tools.  But I found that these
> rewrites can't manage the URL's that are in javascript simply because
> there aren't the regex matches available.

I was playing with www.google.com and found in a proxy that I can replace the
URL's that come as HTML text ( eg: <a href="http://www.google.com/"> ) but I
can't figure out how to replace some of the URL's that I find on the google
homepage.

But I'm not capturing all of them.  (probably not a javascript question anymore)
<a id=1a class=q href="/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi" onClick="return qs(this);">
shows up on the bar with www.google.com/ instead of my 'munged' address.

So I'm thinking the problems I was having with capturing the headers wasn't an
issue with javascript.  Hmmm...