[Javascript] OT: gmail formatting problems

Paul Novitski paul at novitskisoftware.com
Tue Jan 24 12:32:46 CST 2006

On all the listserves I belong to, you can always
tell the gmail subscribers even without checking
the header because their postings arrive stripped of carriage returns.

Is there a gmail setting they can use to correct this problem?

Or are they in fact using a newline code that my
Eudora 6 isn't parsing correctly?

I can find scattered references to this problem
on the web, but as yet no solutions, including on google's site.

Cheers,
Paul

At 09:33 AM 1/24/2006, Jonathan Gold wrote:
>Hi! I have some older web pages that use forms
>and on each one of them I refer to a function
>that clears the entries,
>thus:             function
>clearColors()       {             for (var i =
>0; i < 3;
>i++)             {
>document.formColors.elements[i].value="";
>}       } And in the markup I use the
>following:             <form id="formColors"
>name="formColors" action=""> And when I click on
>a button that says to clear the entries, the
>three text input boxes are cleared. Here's the
>whole page:
>http://home.pacbell.net/jonnygee/auxiliary/colorpage.htm
>PROBLEM: nowadays, I am trying to write valid
>XHTML. I seem to need the form's NAME attribute
>for the purpose of the javascript, but the HTML
>validator tells me: <quote> This page is not
>Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict! Below are the results of
>checking this document for XML well-formedness
>and validity.    1. Error Line 104 column 27:
>there is no attribute "name".       <form
>id="formColors" name="formColors"
>action="">       You have used the attribute
>named above in your document, but the document
>type you are using does not support that
>attribute for this element
 </quote> The upshot