[Javascript] Beginner's question

Jonathan Gold johnnyclock at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 01:22:03 CST 2006

My website uses some javascripts. In some cases I call a function that
is declared in the <head> element. In other cases I simply insert the
function at the place it comes in the mark-up.

I think my html or xhtml markup would be more readable if I placed the
javascript functions in a separate file and called them from the xhtml
file (in the same way that I can offload my style sheet and simply
refer to it from the webpage).

I imagine there is a simple way to do this.

But I haven't imagined the syntax for such a thing. :~)

Is this a possibility; and how is it accomplished?

Thanks much,

--
Jonathan Gold
Berkeley, CA