[Javascript] Tool for online image manipulation

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Jul 20 09:53:49 CDT 2006

On Jul 20, 2006, at 9:25 AM, Simone Fumagalli wrote:

> Scott Reynen wrote:
>> Do you need these changes to save to the server and/or the local
>> client?
> To the server ...
>
> I've found these tools,
>
> http://snipshot.com/
> http://editor.cellsea.com/
> http://pxn8.com/
>
> but they are not for FREE and they are to full of features.
> I want something more slim ...

At a quick glance, I don't believe any of those are actually editing
images within client-side JavaScript, but rather presenting a
JavaScript interface for server-side editing and passing edit
instructions to the server, and updated images back to the browser.
At the very least, you'd need a server-side component to save changes
to the server.  Anything that involves client-server scripting
interaction would require testing in a variety of browsers *and* a
variety of server environments.  It may look simple, but that's just
an indication that the interface designer did a good job.  I suspect
it's very complex code, which would explain both why it's not free
and why it contains more features.

Peace,
Scott