[Javascript] Resizing browser window

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Jul 27 15:48:34 CDT 2006

At 8:30 PM +0000 7/27/06, Troy III Ajnej wrote:
>  > Your code works for Safari 2.0.4 -- it sets the browser window's
>>  height to maximum.
>
>Yes I know that, - 'couldn't leave the height property empty, could I?

It wasn't a complaint -- I just simply meant that your code worked
and set the window to maximum. The other dimension was set to what
you had it set to -- in other words, it worked as I reported and
thought it should.

>You can change it to whatever you like any time.
>Thanks for testing in Safari, I knew it will run, but wasn't sure if
>it will do it's job correctly.
>(Now, that you didn't answer!)
>
>That is: resize the browser window so that our desired body width
>fits exactly.

??? Fit's exactly what?

I'm sorry, I don't really know what you're trying to do. However, if
you will explain it, I will be more than happy to test.

>  -Reason of my doubt:
>Even if all Netscape browsers should have the same frame width, I'm
>not sure if they do, -unless I measured them.
>Second: I don't know if mac OS is also using exactly 16 pixel wide scrollbars.

Yes, from my experience 16 pixel wide scrollbars have been typical of
Mac since 1984.

tedd
--
-------