[Javascript] Decrement operator, XHTML Strict 1.1 DTD, Internet Explorer 6?

John Warner john at jwarner.com
Sat Jul 29 19:50:00 CDT 2006

Does this mean this is a figment of my imagination?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/xhtml11_dtd.html#a_xhtml11_dtd

John Warner

http://hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

You are usually better off using external script files (for that matter,
sticking to HTML 4.01 on the client side is almost always the best
option[1]).

[1] The benefits of XHTML on the client don't apply unless you serve it
as XHTML, and if you serve it as XHTML then lots of user agents
(including, at last count, Internet Explorer, Lynx and GoogleBot) won't
do anything useful with the document at all.

_