[Javascript] screen.availHeight

Matt Barton javascript at mattbarton.org
Wed Oct 4 08:28:58 CDT 2006

Hi,

I often use screen.availHeight in my intranet application to determine
how much screen space I've got to play with.

However, a colleague who uses a laptop with a second monitor, has
noticed that my application doesn't display correctly when his second
monitor has a different resolution to his main monitor.  The application
always uses the availHeight property of the laptop's main monitor, even
when the browser is wholly displayed in the second monitor.  As I'd expect.

My question is: is there anyway for my javascript to get the properties
of the second monitor?  (I ask presuming the answer is "no".)

Matt Barton