[Javascript] visibility of a table column

Nick Fitzsimons nick at nickfitz.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 15:31:55 CDT 2006

On 10 Oct 2006, at 21:22, Nick Fitzsimons wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2006, at 21:09, John Deighan wrote:
>
>> I need to set the visibility of an entire column to hidden or
>> visible.

> See the CSS spec:
>
> visibility <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html#propdef-visibility>
> display <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#propdef-display>

I should take my own advice; you can find more info about column
visibility here:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#q4>

Quote: "If the 'visibility' of a column is set to 'collapse', none of
the cells in the column are rendered, and cells that span into other
columns are clipped. In addition, the width of the table is
diminished by the width the column would have taken up."

My caveats about actual browser support still apply, though.

Cheers,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons