[Javascript] Scroll a multiline textarea

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Mon Oct 30 09:14:41 CST 2006

		Hi John,

   Try setting the TA's scrollTop property equal to its scrollHeight property.  I'm fairly certain those aren't proprietary, but I don't have time to do the legwork (fingerwork?) right now.

Cheers,

Peter

				From: "John Warner" john at jwarner.com

Is there a way to scroll a textarea using Javascript, what I want to do
is scroll the text without the user taking action with the mouse. Say I
have a text area sized to show say 5 lines of text but actually contains
say 25 lines of text, can I either style or using JS cause the text area
to scroll to the bottom? Any ideas on how?

Thanks

John Warner