[Javascript] Changing an Objects ID and Name

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Wed Sep 6 17:22:49 CDT 2006

At 9:05 AM -0700 9/6/06, Brian L. Matthews wrote:

>>4. Or, you can do it like this via js:
>>
>>http://xn--ovg.com/a1.php
>
>That page manipulates the DOM using innerHTML (at least the show
>part, the don't show part just reloads the page from the server.)

The "don't show part" doesn't do anything of the sort -- it is simply
a wrapper for the code shown. The code shown ("the show part") does
the work -- that's the reason why it's shown.

>It would also be better done by manipulating the visibility or
>display style attributes.

Does this --

3. With css you can use the visibility attribute showing both
combinations and then change visibility/hidden with a style switcher.

-- not say that?

Again, what is it that I'm not getting here? Is it communication with
the server? Must the solution not contact the server, is that it?

tedd
--
-------