[Javascript] Javascript detection

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Tue Jan 2 15:40:21 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 01:31:39PM -0800, Paul Novitski wrote:
> For example, here's one using GET:
>
>         <a
> href="switchboard.php?something=123456&dest=contact.php">Contact Us</a>

Ampersands followed by non-name characters must be represented by
entities.

> Here's one using POST:
>
>         <form action="contact.php">

Forms use GET by default.

>                 <input type="hidden" value="123456" name="something" />

Strict varients of (X)HTML (which I hope we are all using) require
child elements of forms to be block level (although they can hold
inline elements, such as form controls, in turn).

... but lets avoid XHTML for the most part. In the majority of cases,
its a lot of trouble for no benefit, and is usually done wrong.