[Javascript] Onload and onunload spinner

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Thu Jan 4 09:32:31 CST 2007

It may not be possible, but I am looking for a way to trigger an
event everytime a web connection starts, then another event when it
finishes.

I have a Frames based page like...

   +---------------------------+
   |buttons                *   |
   +---------------------------+
   |path                       |
   +-------+-------------------+
   |browse |details            |
   |       |                   |
   |       |                   |

I am trying to figure out how to have "buttons" monitor activity on
"details" when a page is requested turn on the spinner, when it is
loaded turn off the spinner. Onload and onunload do not seem to be
consistent for this. The content in details is from the same domain
as all of the other pages, but will not be managed by this, so adding
js to this page will not work.

Any Ideas?

Terry