[Javascript] Browser sniffing!

Nick Fitzsimons nick at nickfitz.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 08:49:17 CST 2007

On 10 Jan 2007, at 11:51:29, Information - Abyss wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> I am wanting to write a Javacript file that will find a browsers
> name and browser version
>
> so that anything less then IE 7 it displays an error message I
> tried the follwoing

Not sure what you mean by "less than IE 7": is Safari 2.0.4 (419.3)
"less than" it, for example?

PPK has a definitive browser detection script attached to his article:
<http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2006/07/browser_detect.html>
although you should take note of his comment that "If you think you
need browser detects, you can be sure you don't know enough about
browsers", which he expands upon in his follow-up article:
<http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2006/08/the_dangers_of.html>

HTH,

Nick.
--