[Javascript] Wait for a delayed function to end to start another...

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Wed Jan 24 12:58:41 CST 2007

wouldn't the concurrent calls only be a problem if the target were the same object?  So if there
is no need for the semaphore to block two different objects, the global variable you mentioned
could be a property value set on the object itself.  With that strategy, the delayed functions
could check their respective objects' semaphore and either cancel self, or cancel pending action
and replace with self.   This allows two different objects to have delayed actions without
interfering with each other.  (though I question the value of an intentially delayed user
experience, but that's another issue)