[Javascript] Database and SQL

Henrique Rennó henrique.renno at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 07:00:27 CST 2007

Hello!!!

I have an Access Database and a form I had created to do some queries on the
data. One of the things I do is when the user clicks to open a dropdown box
it executes some code in VBA to compose a SQL statement and search for all
values stored in the field that this dropdown box will contain. Now I need
to put this database on the web and I'm using the perl module DBD::ODBC that
works very fine in order to access the Access database tables.

I had put a html "form" tag with a "select" tag that I want to work the same
way the dropdown box works in the Access form. What I'm in doubt is if there
is a way of executing a script (with the form's action method) every time a
"select" (dropdown) box is open to load into it all the values from the
field in the database. Usually when a script is executed it loads the
results into another page (or a new window) but in this case the values
should go into a component without loading some other page.

I don't know if doing it using Javascript is possible but I'd like some
hints of other kinds of technology I should learn like JSP or Servlets,
whatever could make this SQL query works the way I described.

Thanks!!!

--
Henrique