[Javascript] is their a javascript function, or DOM property to find the char limit of a table cell or div?

Lee Bettridge lbettridge at twowaytv.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 10:24:47 CST 2007

 I need to manually scroll a large body of text in a table cell or div
tag and was wondering if their is a way to find out how many characters
will fit into an area of a given size ?

Normally in a browser environment any overflow would automatically be
handled by scroll bars (unless scroll bars are explicitly turned off),
but I am working in a TV browser and remote control environment and
cannot use scroll bars.

Lee.

--

Two Way TV is the trading name of Two Way Media Ltd

Company Number: 4904168