[Javascript] is their a javascript function, or DOM propertyto find the char limit of a table cell or div?

John Warner john at jwarner.com
Wed Jan 31 10:47:50 CST 2007

In most server side languages there are tools/functions that can give
you the font metrics (size, width & height etc). Well let me say that's
been my experience in Winders. Are there any similar functions available
to JavaScript or that CSS can make available. If you know this the rest
is easy, just math. But note this shows my ignorance regarding
JavaScript, I've no idea if such a thing exists. The browser has this
information somewhere, but is it exposed to 'us'?

John Warner