[Javascript] please test before posting [WAS: Re: INPUT TEXT show last characters]

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Wed Jan 31 12:10:49 CST 2007

>>I have a page with a lot of INPUT TEXT elements, already filled with URL's
>>(so they have long strings within them).
>>The problem is that I want to show the end of the string, not the beginning
>>when the page loads.

>have you tried css?
>
>input { text-align: right; }

The question is, have *you* tried it?  This was my first idea on this
topic, but the minute I took to throw it into an HTML page showed it
didn't work (in Firefox).

I know it's time-consuming, but the quality of the discussion is much
higher when people take the time to test their advice before
posting.  And remember -- archives are forever!  Please understand
that this is just as much advice to myself as it to anyone else --
most of my faux pas on listserves have resulted from quick replies
without testing.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Novitski