[Javascript] INPUT TEXT show last characters

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Wed Jan 31 12:22:28 CST 2007

At 1/30/2007 12:54 PM, Nico Ferretti wrote:
>I have a page with a lot of INPUT TEXT elements, already filled with
>URL's (so they have long strings within them).
>
>The problem is that I want to show the end of the string, not the
>beginning when the page loads.

How about this:  insert spaces between URL nodes, something like:

http://example.com/ folder1/ folder2/ page.html ?arg=val &arg=val

Present the URL in a multiple-line textarea, not a single-line input
field, so the URL naturally wraps around as needed within the
confines of the column width.

Then delete all the whitespace when you accept form input.

Your task would be to ensure that the textarea was tall enough to
accommodate the whole URL.

I wonder if users would deal with this comfortably when they
encountered it for the first time?  I'm pretty sure I would

Regards,

Paul