[Javascript] Maintaining state

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sat Oct 6 10:14:24 CDT 2007

Hi gang (again):

I hope that my flurry of recent questions is not abusing your
kindness. If so, please tell me.

Here's the situation.

Let's say there are three images on a web page such that when the
user moves his/her cursor over one image, a border appears. No
problem, I can do that with css.

However, I would like the border to remain (i.e., maintain state)
after the user has moved the cursor off the image and stay that way
until another image is subject to a rollover -- and then, that image
would maintain state. Only one image maintains state.

I know this is counter to the way css does things, but it's not so
much in application HIG (human interface guidelines), where
maintaining state is common.

I am sure that I could stumble around and come up with something, but
I would think this would be more of a staple function/method commonly
used by javascript experts (how's that for kissing up?).

In any event, if any of you have encountered this before, I would
appreciate guidance.

Thanks,

tedd

--