[Javascript] How to have a default value in 'from' field of an email?

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Mon Oct 29 10:19:40 CDT 2007

Fahad,

On Oct 29, 2007, at 9:07 AM, fahad kalsekar wrote:

> We are using below lines to send mail:
>
> <a her=" <mailto:recipient1 at yourmail.com;recipient2 at yourmail.com?
> subject=testing >
> <mailto:recipient1 at yourmail.com;recipient2 at yourmail.com?subject=S
> >mailto:recipient at your mail.com;recipient at your mail.com?
> subject=SUBJECT LINE GOES HERE &cc=recipient at your
> mail.com&bcc=recipient at your mail.com&body=BODY
> <mailto:&cc=recipient at your mail.com&bcc=recipient at your
> mail.com&body=BODY> MESSAGE GOES HERE">Test Mailto Parameters</a>
>
> But I would like to have a default " From " field and also contents
> in all the fields should be "disabled"
> Kindly let me know how this can be done.

You can't.  These parameters are sent to the user's local email
client which will pick whichever ones it wants to honor and make the
user fill in the rest.  Since it is the user's computer, they can
change the value of any field before sending the email.  You would be
much better off using a server side form processor to send the email.

Roger
--
Roger Roelofs                 web   www.datacompusa.com
Datacomp Appraisal Services   Email rer at datacompusa.com