[Javascript] Fade transition onmouseover/out based on CSS :hover?

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Sep 27 10:41:21 CDT 2007

At 9:35 AM +0100 9/27/07, Barney Carroll wrote:
>tedd wrote:
>>>  How can I achieve this effect?
>>
>>  About have way down this page,
>  >
>  > http://webbytedd.com/c/js-animation/
>>
>>  Perhaps that will help.
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>
>>  tedd
>
>Tedd, /exactly/ what it says in the thread subject. This toolkit looks
>absolutely fantastic, it's more than I could have hoped for. Thanks a lot!

No problem.

I also thought of another technique that would work. You use an image
replacement technique, like so:

http://webbytedd.com/bb/replace-image3/

The fist image should be an animated gif that fades one way and the
second image should  an animated gif that fades the opposite (one
way, no repeat). That way you won't have to rely on javascript AND it
would work in FireFox.

When I have some time, I'll add that to my example above.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------