[Javascript] MooTools & REQUEST_URI

Philip Thompson philthathril at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:02:38 CST 2008

Hi all.

In my application (using PHP), I have a method that checks for
malformed URIs - basically checks to see if you're trying to hack me.
Well, recently I began using MooTools (excellent product), and I
noticed one blaring negative consequence. On the pages where I use
ajax, the REQUEST_URI is getting filled with *stuff* from MooTools.
Because it's url-encoded javascript functions, my method to check URIs
catches it and explodes!

1. Is there a way to prevent MooTools from sending stuff via
REQUEST_URI?

2. How is the REQUEST_URI getting populated? I've dug through the code
and can't figure it out.

Any thoughts or advice on this would be awesome. Currently, I can't
use MooTools because it interferes with my app's security. =(

Thanks,
~Philip

"innerHTML is a string. The DOM is not a string, it's a hierarchal
object structure. Shoving a string into an object is impure and
similar to wrapping a spaghetti noodle around an orange and calling it
lunch."